Abacus and its employees adhere to the highest ethical standards in providing outstanding service to its clients and do so while respecting individuals’ privacy unreservedly. Trust is the foundation on which Abacus was built and remains one of our core values to this day.
Abacus remains committed to the responsible use of personally identifiable information and safeguarding individual privacy. Abacus is subject to, and complies with, the Data Protection Ordinance 2004 regarding the collection, use, and distribution of personally identifiable information.
For further information on regulation in Gibraltar, please visit the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority website.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths
information you provide to us for the purpose of downloading material from our site and subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address and
information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us through our website including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
We may use your personal information to:
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can unsubscribe at any time)
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you where you have specifically agreed to this, by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to our website
- information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
We will store any personal information you provide on our secure servers
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.