PORTUGALSet in the south-western corner of Europe, Portugal is one of the most ancient nations on the continent, boasting a diversity of traditions and a proud seafaring history.
As far back as the mid-1980s staff from the Gibraltar office have been visiting the Algarve, initially meeting with lawyers and other intermediaries, to develop business in that part of the world. Since 1995 we have maintained a representative office in the Algarve. The office is run by Anne Darlington who has worked with Abacus for the past 20 years. Anne’s knowledge of the area and her fluency in Portuguese is an invaluable asset, She also provides support and assistance to our specialist team in Gibraltar who look after our Portuguese portfolio.
The main benefits for both intermediaries and clients are:
- Collection of documentation from clients and lawyers
- Twice weekly courier service from the Algarve to Gibraltar
- Liaison with Fiscal Representatives, Banks and Real Estate Agents
- Provision of up-to-date information in respect to changes in Portuguese legislation
- Client and intermediary meetings as required
- Organisation of business trips by Gibraltar-based staff to the Algarve
- Organisation of seminars and events in the Algarve
The office is located on the Estrada de Vale do Lobo in the K.G Villa Services Building just outside Almancil. The opening hours are 9.00 am – 4.00 pm. Clients are welcome to call in to discuss any issues and drop off documents or just to say hello. On-site parking is available.
Abacus is proud of the added value we are able to provide to lawyers, other intermediaries and our clients as a direct result of our presence in the Algarve. We regularly support Charity events and are members of local organisations. We are fully committed to Portugal and expect to maintain our presence there for many years to come.
KG Villa Services Building
Quinta Correga da Zorra
Estrada de Vale do Lobo
(+00351) 289 394 780